Brows & Lashes
Brows & Lashes
Brow Tips for Flawless Arches
Maintaining your brows at home takes just the right touch and tools. Here are a few tips to help you keep your arches looking flawless.
1. Use a Tweezer: Leave waxing and threading to the pros. Get yourself a great pair of Japonesque tweezers for your at-home brow grooming. Our hand-sharpened tips grab every hair for flawless tweezing.
2. Trim Before You Pluck: You may be tempted to pluck longer hair, but it might leave a gaping hole in the center of your brow. Use a spoolie to brush bows up. Then trim the hair that falls outside your arches. Our Brow Perfecting Kit or Luxe Brow Kit is Perfect for the job.
3. Less is More: Even if you know you want to thin out your brows, still remove one hair at a time. After plucking a few hairs, use a brow brush to brush brows back into place. Try our Brow & Lash Shaper -it has 3 tools in 1 for expert results. Then step back look in the mirror for the full effect. You can always remove more hair, but once you’ve plucked, you can’t put it back.
4. Use a Razor: For brows that stand out, remove all the fine peach fuzz around your brows. Look for a razor with Japanese stainless-steel blades like those in our Touch Up Razors and Dermaplaners – these ultra-sharp blades cleanly remove every hair for the smoothest results.
5. Fill in Gaps: Use a brow brush and your favorite brow filler to fill in gaps and further define the shape of your brows. Try our Angled Brow Brush which has stiff, short bristles for the ultimate control and precision.
Brows & Lashes
Game Changer – the Eyelash Curler
Unless you’re one of the few who are blessed with naturally long, sweeping curled lashes, a lash curler should be one of your must have beauty accessories used religiously every day. Curling the eyelashes can produce remarkable results with minimal effort.
Your Best Lash Curler
Unless you’re one of the few who are blessed with naturally long, sweeping curled lashes, a lash curler should be one of your must have beauty accessories used religiously every day. Curling the eyelashes can produce remarkable results with minimal effort. When done correctly, a lash curler instantly opens your eyes making them appear larger and more awake.
But with so many curlers on the market, which should you use? It turns out, when it comes to lash curlers, one size doesn’t really fit all. JAPONESQUE offers different options designed to uniquely work with different eye shapes and sizes. Use these guidelines to find your best curler for game changing, lash-lifting results.
The softer curve of the Volumizing Eyelash Curler fits almond eyes and is also a great choice for larger eyes or eyes with long lash lines.
The Pro Performance Eye Lash Curler has an ergonomic handle so it’s easier to angle the cage to fit deep set eyes or monolid eyes.
Many people think they are using curlers correctly but are actually at risk for damaging their lashes. A few pro tips that everyone should know to ensure their lashes get a sweeping curl every time.
First, think of your lash curler as a prep tool that should be used before makeup application, like face lotion or primer. NEVER use after mascara - which could case your lashes to break or pull out.
Replace your lash pad every 3 months – those little pads get grimy and don’t cushion as well over time.
Before every curl, ALWAYS check that the lash pad is inserted properly to cushion the lashes. The little rubber pad protects your lashes and softens the curl – make sure it’s properly inserted and aligned before each and every use.
Be gentle! You don’t need to press too hard to get a great curl, instead apply soft pressure and curl in two steps for eye opening results. Get the curler as close to the lash line as possible, apply gentle pressure for 5 seconds, mover the curler to the center of the lashes and squeeze again.
Taming Full Brows
Taming bushy brows has never been so easy with JAPONESQUE® ’s four steps to perfectly groomed brows. Trim unruly hairs and create a defined arch to enhance the eyes with natural drama.
1) Outline the desired shape of the brow you want to achieve by using the Velvet Touch® Nude Eye Pencil. This is helpful to mark what hairs you want to remove.
2) Pluck brows using the JAPONESQUE® Slant Tweezer to remove large sections of hair plucking in the direction the hairs grow.
3) Using the Pro Performance Brow Spoolie, brush brows upwards and trim straggly brow hairs with the Pro Performance Stork Scissor.
4) Fill in any sparse areas using the Kumadori® Brow Pencil. Comb hairs into place.
Enhancing Barely There Brows
Take brows from barely there to those that wow in four simple steps. With sparse brows, the key is a groomed shape and added definition by filling in sparse areas to naturally frame the eye.
1) Define the lower and upper brow using the Kumadori® Brow Pencil to create your shape.
2) Using the JAPONESQUE® Precision Point Tweezer, remove any single stray hairs outside your shape.
3) Using the JAPONESQUE® brow spoolie, fluff brows upwards and trim hairs with the JAPONESQUE® Stork Scissors for an even length.
4) Using short brush strokes, fill brows with the Kumadori® Brow Pencil for additional depth.
Manscaping – Men’s Brows
Even men should groom their brows for a more youthful, handsome appearance. The secret for men’s brows is to maintain the natural shape while removing bulk and stray hairs for a clean, neat masculine look.
1) Begin using the JAPONESQUE® Slant Tweezer to pluck hairs between the eyes. Remove hairs that fall on the bridge of the nose to the corner of the eye.
2) Remove hairs on the bottom of the brow that extend down onto the eyelid. Using a JAPONESQUE® Pointed Tweezer, begin forming a curve.
3) Using the JAPONESQUE® Brow Spoolie, brush hairs upwards and trim those that are straggly or growing in an opposite direction. Brow hairs should be the same length, and trimming will control brow thickness and depth.
Eye and Brow Perfection with Caro
@caro_losada preps and perfects her brows with JAPONESQUE eye tools, brushes and color cosmetics!